- Recruiting: The best staffing agencies already have all the resources to hire top talent. With recruiters that are well connected in their industry, they should have a fantastic reputation for attracting and hiring the best. These firms interview developers rigorously before hiring, both for technical talent and communication abilities. You shouldn’t have to lift a finger to find the right team member.
- Retention: A virtual staffing agency should directly employ the people you work with – not use freelancers. When your workers are hired full-time through an agency, they are more secure in their jobs, which leads to better retention and productivity. A developer who is satisfied with their company will put their all into building your projects and business. Also, don’t forget the benefits of working with a company that gives incentives to their employees. Company trips, events, and other activities keep employees happy and satisfied with their jobs.
- HR Management: Let's face it, handling HR issues can be a huge drain on a company's time and efficiency. A healthy and strong virtual staffing agency has all the policies and procedures in place to handle HR for employees. They keep track of employee’s attendance, time off, working hours, and more, so you don’t have to. Leverage their HR experience and processes to focus on getting project work done with your developer.
- Proactive Client Support: In order to have a successful remote developer relationship, you need client support from your staffing firm. Support personnel facilitate communication, spot opportunities to coach your developer to strengthen the team, and can head off trouble before it has a chance to develop. Having someone constantly monitoring your team means that you always get the work you pay for, and their capacity to catch miscommunications on tasks or expectations saves you from possible mistakes.
- Scalability: When you hire in-house developers, you lose the ability to stay flexible. Hiring in-house means you are less likely to be able to scale up or down as project work fluctuates. With a virtual staffing solution, you are easily able to add or drop developers based on your needs. This saves you on recruiting costs, employment costs, and potential firing costs. If you need to ramp up quickly on a project, hiring local candidates usually takes too long after posting the job ad, interviewing, and getting employees on-boarded with your company and HR. Strong virtual staffing firms keep a bench of available senior developers ready to go at a moment’s notice, so you can meet your deadlineswhen you need to.
The right virtual staffing solution can save you a ton of time and money by taking some of the work off your hands. Allow them to be your backend HR office for recruiting, retention, and more to help you stay flexible as your business grows.
Interested in how much money you can save using a virtual staffing solution?
Check out our free cost tool that compares the numbers for in-house and virtual employees!